What's happening this year with the WSC?
World Service Conference (WSC)
Partial Virtual WSC Plan for 2020
Recommendation: Convene this first partial, virtual WSC 2020 as follows:
Two sessions per day scheduled from 11 am – 1 pm and 2-4 pm Pacific Daylight Time
Friday – Sunday 24-26 April
Wednesday 29 April
Saturday-Sunday 2-3 May
On the closing weekend, participants will have to decide whether or not to leave WSC 2020 open until a future date (of their determination) for CAR motions, most CAT motions including seating, and other issues.
Our initial outline is:
24 April Friday
- Orientation to a virtual WSC
- Business and/or agreements needed to engage in a partial virtual WSC
25 and 26 April Saturday and Sunday
- NAWS Report
- Emergency budget and project plans
- FIPT inspection clause moratorium
These are times allotted for presentation and discussion. Polling for decisions will follow the close of the Sunday session. It will take us some time to finalize the poll and have it translated into Portuguese and Spanish. Participants will have a deadline to vote and then results will be discussed when we reconvene Wednesday.
29 April Wednesday
- Polling results
- HRP report and preparation for elections
The ballot for elections will be sent out following the last Wednesday session.
2-3 May Saturday and Sunday
- Recap of decisions made, announce elections results
- Where we go from here and questions emailed to the World Board during the week